Sunday, September 28, 2008
Back In Black Named as Most Influential Australian Album
Gentleman's Quarterly Magazine of Australia has named AC/DC's Back In Black as their number one pick on their list of the Top 50 Most Influential Australian Albums.
Back In Black, which propelled AC/DC to international stardom shortly after the tragic death of Bon Scott, has sold over 42 million copies worldwide.
Strangely, no other AC/DC album made the GQ Top 50. For the full story and complete Top 50 list, click here and here. Below, you'll see their Top 10.
1. ACDC - Back in Black
2. The Bee Gees - Saturday Night Fever
3. Saints - I'm Stranded
4. The Birthday Party - Junkyard
5. Easybeats - Absolute Anthology
6. The Avalanches - Since I Left You
7. Cold Chisel - East
8. Scientists - Blood Red River
9. Crowded House - Crowded House
10. Silverchair - Young Modern
GQ's 2008 Music Issue hits news-stands on Wednesday for those about to add it to their AC/DC related magazine collection.